- 15 – 17 December 2014: “Roma Inclusion Advocacy Project” project team members, Branislav Tekić, an expert in monitoring and advocacy and Milena Babić, project manager, conducted the 2nd mentoring visits to Roma partner organizations and Roma representatives. The visit was carried out as part of the mentoring activities of Roma CSOs to monitor the implementation of measures for Roma inclusion and producing a comprehensive report and advocacy documents. The visit included partner Roma organizations in Sisak, Goričani, Koprivnica, Slavonski Brod and Beli Manastir, whose representatives actively participate in the monitoring of the National Strategy for Roma Inclusion 2013-2020 and the accompanying Action Plan for the period 2013 - 2015.
At this stage of the project, partners, activists in Roma communities, are working on gathering information on the implementation of measures for Roma inclusion, after which, 5 reports on the level of 5 counties and one joint report will be produced on the basis of the collected information, which will be the basis for advocacy activities of the project.
- 12 - 13 December 2014, Sveti Martin na Muri: The first training workshop for preschool teachers within the implementation of the project „Uniting differences – fostering the integration of Roma preschool children“ was held in Sveti Martin na Muri, Međimurje County.
The project is implemented by CDRSEE – Center for democracy and reconciliation in south-eastern Europe in partnership with Centre for Peace, Legal Advice and Psychosocial Assistance Vukovar and in cooperation with the Association of preschool teachers Krijesnice from Čakovec.
This teacher training workshop is the first step in implementing the series of workshops for preschool teachers as a result of October and November trainings, when, out of 30 preschool teachers, there have been selected the best ones to implement forthcoming workshops in order to present the best known methodologies of integration of Roma children into the educational system.
This seminar was a unique opportunity to learn new methodologies for working in multi-cultural classes and kindergartens. The aim of this education was to strengthen capacities of teachers and pre-school teachers for improving the inclusion of Roma children in pre-school education.
The success of Roma children in later education decisively depends on the empowerment they receive in pre-school education and in good cooperation of all stakeholders in community development process.
The project is funded by EU, through IPA program – Human Resources Development.
- 10 - 12 December 2014, Palic (Republic of Serbia): Branislav Tekić, representative of the Center for Peace - Vukovar, participated in the final meeting of the regional network of NGOs organized within the framework of the program “Development of the Civil Society Network in the Western Balkans region”, Group 484 from Belgrade (Serbia) with the support of the OSCE Mission to Serbia. The meeting was attended by representatives of NGOs from Bosnia and Herzegovina (Vaša prava, Sarajevo, SDF, Banja Luka), Montenegro (Legal Center, Podgorica), Serbia (Group 484, Belgrade; IDC, Belgrade; PRAXIS, Belgrade; HCIT, Novi Sad) and Croatia (Center for Peace, Nonviolence and Human Rights, Osijek; Centre for Peace, Legal Advice and Psychosocial Assistance - Vukovar). Topics of the meeting included the overview of the activities of the network member-organizations in 2014 and results achieved, presentation of topics and information of importance to the members of the network, as well as suggestions and discussion on topics related to the activity of the network in 2015.
- 2 December 2014, Zagreb: Representatives of the Center for Peace - Vukovar, Ljubomir Mikic and Branislav Tekić, participated in the National conference "Are we combating discrimination? The application of the Law on Combating Discrimination in Croatia". The Conference was organized by the Office of the Ombudsman and the Office for Human Rights and Rights of National Minorities of the Croatian Government.
- 1 December 2014, Zagreb: Representative of the Center for Peace - Vukovar, Ljubomir Mikic, participated in the meeting devoted to the presentation and discussion of the results of the Decade Intelligence project, conducted by the the Decade of Roma Inclusion Secretariat Foundation in Budapest. The project encompassed mapping and evaluating numerous projects focusing on Roma inclusion in the 12 member states of the Decade. Results and the Decade Intelligence report were presented by Aleksandra Bojadzieva, Research and Policy Officer of the Decade of Roma Inclusion Secretariat Foundation.
The Report produced within the Decade Intelligence project is available here.